News and Links
Welcome to our websiteThe Lincolnshire Bat Group is a voluntary organisation which was formed in 1983. The main roles of the Bat Group are:
- Educating and raising awareness, for example by giving talks and organising bat walks.
- Recording the distribution of bats in Lincolnshire.
- Surveying roost sites within the county. This includes checking bat boxes, surveying hibernation sites and carrying out surveys for the National Bat Monitoring Programme (NBMP)
- Taking care of injured and abandoned bats. Many of these are released back into the wild.
- Involving local schools and other groups in activities.
The Group has quarterly meetings, which all members are encouraged to attend. The group's newsletter 'BatLincs' is published twice a year. There is also a Christmas social evening, which often has a guest speaker. These meetings and social evenings are held in Horncastle, as this is a central location for such a large county.