The Lincolnshire Bat Group is a voluntary organisation which was formed in 1983. The main roles of the Bat Group are:
- Educating and raising awareness, for example by giving talks and organising bat walks.
- Recording the distribution of bats in Lincolnshire.
- Surveying roost sites within the county. This includes checking bat boxes, surveying hibernation sites and carrying out surveys for the National Bat Monitoring Programme (NBMP)
- Taking care of injured and abandoned bats. Many of these are released back into the wild.
- Involving local schools and other groups in activities.
The Group has quarterly meetings, which all members are encouraged to attend. These meetings and social evenings are held in Horncastle, as this is a central location for such a large county.